Friday, June 22, 2007

Going Cold Turkey








As I've noted before: Although we blog about the horrors of Duane Reade, we're total hypocrites and shop there pretty regularly. We call it "research."

Considering the latest round of verbal fistfights I've found myself in, b/c of a lack of line coordination at the DR, I have to quit going there. This morning I told a woman to wipe her mouth with the toilet paper she was holding b/c there was so much shit coming out of it.

Seriously, this place brings out the worst in everyone.

So I have to leave you, Duane.

Not hard, right? Stop whining, Wrathos, this isn't a big deal.

I hear ya, but...

Typically, I go in there with my dollar rewards card and get myself a Zone Bar and a Starbucks Frappuccino thingy. Almost every day, in fact. So now I have to map out another place to get these two things.

And I'm lazy.

The DR is rightnextdoor to my office. Literally. It's like, sneeze and you're hitting Photo Guy.

So, in commuter terms, this is a big deal.

The closest non-DR pharmacy is a few blocks out of my normal commute. So, I'll have to head too far downtown and then go back uptown to work.

And I'm lazy.

As far as prescriptions go...this'll be tricky. I may have to enlist fellow IHDR help to pick up my meds already on file. You know how DR pharmacy is when it comes to transferring your scripts.

Did I mention I'm lazy. Really lazy.

Wanna take bets on how long I last? I say I can do it for 30 days. Cold Turkey.

Any takers?

5 comments:

Coach Carolyn said...

The weekend's easy. But just wait'll next week rolls around. But I have total faith in your resolve.

I give you a week ;)

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Duane Reade sucks sucks sucks, stop shopping there, the people that run it are morons(the ones in the corporate office). They couldn't wipe their asses thats how stupid they are.

Anonymous said...

Yea! Duane Reade is a mess, I was in a store and heard a an employee screaming and using disgusting language. I shouldn't be suprised look at the scum they hire there, uneducated garbage.

Anonymous said...

wow we must have bee in the same store. I was shocked to listen to that langauge. total scum

Anonymous said...

well look at the type of people they hire the managers are from some third world island. And no education on how to treat people with respect.