Company: Duane Reade, Inc.
Location: Various Stores
Status: Full Time or Part Time
Posted Date: 4/9/2007
What We Do:
Duane Reade, New York's number one drug store chain, has the largest market share of any chain drug store in the New York Metropolitan area. We are recognized in this market as the consumer’s first choice for pharmacy and convenience needs including health and beauty care items, cosmetics, gift cards, vitamins and grocery items.
Convenient locations in NYC's five boroughs, Long Island, Westchester and New Jersey, flexible schedules that fit your lifestyle and promotions from within are just a few of the benefits we offer. If you are looking for a great career in retail, we welcome you to explore the many opportunities we have at
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Must be eighteen years of age.
- A smiling face and upbeat attitude.
- The drive to see opportunity and go get it!
- Dependable and trustworthy.
- Passion and a sense of urgency to take care of the customer.
- Basic leadership skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and follow basic instruction.
- Ensure a fast, accurate and pleasant check-out of all customers.
- Provide exemplary customer service.
- Deter shop-lifting following Company standards.
- Follow basic instruction from store managers and assistant managers.
- Unload trucks in compliance with Company standards.
- Comply with the company uniform policy.
- Conduct price audits using the scanner gun.
- Ensure as many customers as possible are enrolled in the Dollar Rewards loyalty card program.
- Be a team player and provide a helping hand to all associates.
- Work safely and efficiently building displays and stocking shelves.
- Treat all associates with respect and dignity.
- Bring the right attitude to work everyday and ensure all customers leave the store happy!
Click on link below and apply online or visit us at our Career Center:
505 8th Avenue
New York, NY
(Entrance is on 35th street off of 8th Avenue)
*Dress code is business casual. No jeans or sneakers allowed.